The Gift of Gratitude…
Would you like more joy, health, wealth, and success at every level? We would love to inspire you to practice and adopt gratitude as a way of being and in support of your health and wellbeing. Many of us associate gratitude with saying “thank you” to someone who has helped us or given us a gift, or we think about gratitude at Thanksgiving. From a scientific perspective, gratitude is not just an action, it is a positive emotion, which is really important because it serves a purpose. Gratitude is a gift you can give yourself that will change your life…
Gratitude helps us refocus on what we have and what we want instead of what we lack. This mental state grows stronger with use and practice and the more we practice gratitude – the more we experience what we want. If you want more happiness, health and success – the best way we know to experience it (which doesn’t cost a penny) is to start a daily gratitude practice. It’s a muscle that gets better over time and the benefits are wonderful each step of the way. (More health, more happiness, more friends and success at every level just to mention a few…) But don’t take our word for it – try it for yourself!!
Here are some ways to practice and cultivate gratitude in your life:
- write a thank-you note: nurture your relationship with another person by writing a thank you note to express your appreciation.
- write a thank-you note to YOURSELF. (When was the last time you thanked yourself?)
- keep a gratitude journal; write down thoughts about gifts you receive each day…feelings, gestures, hugs, etc
- count your blessings; write your blessings that you are grateful for. Choose 3-5 things to write about that had a positive impact in your life on a weekly basis.
- meditate; mindfulness meditation is a way for you to focus on being present in the moment without passing judgment.
- Say or think to yourself each night before bed 3 things you are grateful for. Again – make sure to include yourself! plus your spouse/partner if someone else is with you.
Gratitude costs absolutely nothing to practice and anyone can easily be grateful in their lives.
There are all sorts of ways to practice gratitude, and it can be practiced in any setting of daily life, from home to school to work.
Next time you have a free moment, try practicing some gratitude. See if you can think of a time in your day or week when you will remember to practice gratitude. Examples: lying in bed in the morning or at night, in the shower, filling your car with gas, driving to work…? You might just be surprised by the benefits it brings you.People who experience the most gratitude tend to:
- Celebrate the present
- Feel a sense of abundance in their lives
- Appreciate the contributions of others to their well-being
- Recognize and enjoy small pleasures in life
- Acknowledge the importance of experiencing and expressing what they are grateful for
- Block toxic, negative emotions
Spend time with the people you love and those who love you. Simple as that. Be there with them and be purely present. There is no sign of love, thanks and kindness more genuine. And the more you thank yourself and life for the blessings in your life – the more blessings you will experience and receive…
How are you willing to practice gratitude this week? List at least one specific intention in the comments below. We are grateful for YOU!!